Monday, March 14, 2011

My In-Laws


So I think I mentioned this before but not in detail. My in-laws are moving to Tennesse. It originally was supposed to happen before christmas, then the end of January and now its officially happening on April 1st. We are all cherishing our moments together til moving day and us girls especially are getting more and more emotional as it gets closer.

They decided to make a change last summer. Their kids were grown and out of the house, Grandma who was living with them for a while was now in a home and it was just the two of them. They have had numerous prophetic words over their life about working side by side and that they would offer a place for burnt out pastors and missionaries to come stay and be refreshed. So they knew their 9-5 jobs was not what they wanted to do anymore. They started looking into cabin rentals and quickly found that there was nothing available around here. So they looked a little out west, and quite a few places down south and narrowed it down to Tennesse. You would think after finding a place that the rest would be simple but there has been many road blocks along the way. Hence the leaving date being pushed back many times. But they feel its what God wants them to do so they are going. They already had settlement and the place is theres.

As you can imagine it is going to be very hard to say goodbye. We are a pretty close family and see eachother once or more a week. For the first 5 years of our marriage we were in a house church with them which was a very intimate, up close and personal setting. So I got to know them very well and see a side of them that I other wise wouldn't have seen. We have learned alot from them not only spiritually but as a couple. They are the happiest most in love couple I know and seeing that example has done wonders for our marriage.

They really are the best in-laws. We get along great, enjoy eachothers company and they are always encouraging. If they disagree with something they may say what they think but then they let it go allowing us to make our own decisions. They are supportive and loving. They are also amazing grandparents. Nonah has already formed a special bond with them and just loves being with them. And the tears are coming so I will move on.

I will say when they first told us they were thinking of doing this I thought, "yea right, I'll believe when I see it." And now here they are, almost gone. We are very excited for them to have this new way of living. It is going to be perfect for them. There will be some big adjustments I'm sure but I think they'll love it. As hard as it is going to be to say good-bye there are so many ways of keeping in touch these days. We all have skype, email, blogs, and I plan to write letters too. It will take some time to get used to not having them around thats for sure.

Peter and I are very excited to have a place to vacation now! We hope to go a couple times a year. We are all moving them down together and I'm a little nervous about how Nonah is going to handle an 11 hour drive. (well we're splitting it into 2 days but still 5 hours is a long time.) It will be an adventure thats for sure. I'll be sharing how it goes don't worry.

Here is their website if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment