Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vacation in Tennessee

Well we are back and ready to get back into the daily grind. Vacations are so nice but it also is so nice to come home. We hadn't gone on a week long vacation since our honeymoon and this was the first time with Noni. She did great. She is a pretty good traveler and just loved being with her Nee-Nee and Poppy.

Peter and I were really looking forward to having a week of relaxation and time away from home. BUT once we got there we really struggled to actually relax. We are so used to our fast paced life and always doing something that the idea of not having to do anything was really weird. I especially get bored easily I want a plan for the day and agenda, tasks to get done or something and down there we didn't have that. And where my in laws are is in the boonies and town is a country town with not much going on. We did find some things to do though. Peter did some wood working projects for them, I helped clean some cabins and Noni did lots of playing in the creek.

My favorite thing was the Purple Bus. Miss B is what it was called. It's a bus that a hippie chick sells all kinds of hippie attire out of. Lots of jewelery, bags and purses, clothing, tapestries, and hoola hoops. It was so neat!
We watched some white water rafting and got to see the olympic kayaking course from 1996.
We went antiqueing down town which I really enjoyed. Found a few things.
Lots of hiking and by hiking I mean walking on a nice smooth path in the woods! With a little one its hard to do anything really strenuous or long but she does love to walk!

Another fav was the Winery. yes I did have a few sips which is allowed during pregnancy, it was such good wine. Peter got some Razzle Dazzle sweet wine and I picked some of there Buttermilk cheese. Mmmm!


Like I said Noni spent lots of time by the creek that they have in there back yard. She would throw rocks and sticks in non stop but her favorite was walking in it. We didn't get to do that til our last day there because it was too cold the rest of the time. She got to see frogs, fish and crayfish.
The whole gang!!

No comments:

Post a Comment