Friday, July 8, 2011

The 4th!

Man it feels like just yesterday was the fourth of july. I don't know why it has taken me all week to get on here and share our happenings. But here I am and we had a great 4th. No big plans or party, just a little celebrating family-style. We went to my sister in laws for a picnic and made things fun and festive for the kids!
I never thought of my self as a real festive person. I thought getting sucked to all the different holiday hoopla was kind of silly and waste of money. BUT now that I am a mama it is just so fun to be festive. To make holidays a little more special than every other day of the year. To wear a special color that day or do some special things in order to celebrate and have fun. I am creating childhood memories for my kids after all why not make the holiday memories be a little extra special.
So that being said me, Noni and Peter wore red, white and blue!
we made festive red and blue jello jigglers
picnic food, mmmmm!
swimming with her cousins
sparklers
popsicles
watching uncle H set off some really fun fireworks
the whole gang, watching real fireworks

And now its another weekend! happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment