Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happenings

Got to love free stuff!
Our mini project. I try and let Noni help me as much as possible. This perfect Noni-size table had stickers on it that would not come off. SO Peter sanded it, Noni and I painted it, and ta-da. A one of a kind little table & chairs. I envision Noni doing lots of arts and crafts, tea partys, and eating at this table.

Pretty flowers and lots of veggies from the garden! We have hydrangias, black eyed susans, and zhinneas to decorate with, and an abundance of fresh zuchinni and green beans. (tomatoes and peppers on there way) Just another reason why I love summer, all the homegrown goodness!
Mommys little helper. She loves helping me make dinner.
I have picked fresh sour cherries and blueberries at local farms. The cherries I froze and baked with but the blueberries we just ate fresh. So yummy. I feel like such a country mama picking fresh stuff with my own two hands and then providing yummy food for my family. Its the kind of thing my mom used to do and I had to help and I hated it but now Im doing it too. Its fun now. Soon I will be canning peaches, stewed tomatoes and salsa, freezing corn and then apple sauce (with my moms help.)
We went to a local lake and fed the fishies. So fun to see Nonis face light up when she sees new things especially animals!
Me and Noni spend a couple days a week, if not more, swimming! she loves it! She has her own swimmies now that she loves to wear even if shes not in the water and she practices lots of kicking. I am so so thankful my mom has a pool. There are a few really nice public pools near by too.

Guess thats it for now. Peace to you and your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment