Monday, August 1, 2011

ONE Year DREADiversary!

I can't believe its been a year since I got my dreads! It has been quite a journey. Some days I hate them and some days I love them but mostly I really do like having them. My hair has really taken them well and are felting up very nicely. They are still messy and loopy which is just part of the process. Three years is when dreads are supposed to be fully settled and mine are well on there way. I originally committed myself to keeping them for one year but now that its here I think I have to commit to three years. Might as well. It will go so fast. BUT Im not promising anything.

I have dyed them blonde twice now which is fun. I like changing things up every now and then. I might dye just a few a bright funky color. We'll see. I love putting beads in and colorful floss. I might even try making my own clay beads sometime.
I am very excited that I have found some one to help me maintain them. An old friend/co-worker from when I worked at a the hair salon. She helped me with some loose hairs last month and I think I need to make my next appointment to work on my roots. I have also found a lot of helpful dread heads online that share what works for them on maintaining and styling so that has been very helpful.

SO Happy Dreadiversary to me!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment