Monday, January 7, 2013

New House Chef

So 2 weeks ago my Petey came home and after me 20 questioning him about what I should make for dinner he says "I would cook dinner every night if I didn't have to touch a single dish." And I said "DEAL." I will do dishes all night long if I don't have to cook. Cooking dinner has been such a stressful thing for me lately. I'm indecisive as it is and then being pregnant makes me pickier. I don't eat just for the sake of eating, I want to eat something I am hungry for. My cooking has gotten very boring these past few months and although my husband has been kind and not complained he has offered to make dinners here and there in order to have some variety. We used to cook dinner together every night when we first got married and we would be in the kitchen for a good 2 hours or more just cooking and being together, but now a days that is not possible. The less time in the kitchen the better.
{Noni seems to enjoy daddys cooking. She is his little helper in the kitchen} He got out our cookbooks and wrote down a whole list of dishes he wants to make, made a meal plan and a grocery list and all last week and this weekend he has made dinner. I do the dishes and load the dishwasher although while he is cooking he does keep up with them and puts stuff in the dishwasher when hes done with it. I also help set the table and entertain the girls while he's cooking and get things done. It has been wonderful to not have to cook and he has fed me well. Petey is an amazing cook. Everything he makes is delicious! Here is what we have had so far.
Chicken with a Tarragon Cream sauce and creamy polenta
Sausage Gravy, Scrambled Eggs and home fries
Mexican beans with Chorizo and greens
Sauteed Chicken with Fennel and Rosemary and Roasted Potatoes and Turnips
Shredded beef sandwich with French dip, Horseradish carrots and Perogies (him and Noni had the perogies but I had left over turnip and pot)
Kung Pau Chicken and Rice
Chicken salad with Greek Yogurt dressing and Gratin Dauphinoise Yumm! We have eaten alot of chicken because we love it and because we have a chicken cookbook. That is one thing he said it is hard to come up with variety. It is a sweet deal and will not last forever I am sure but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment