Monday, March 1, 2010

Newbee!!

I am new at this whole blogging thing so I dont really know what to write. So I'll start by telling you about me and my family. Peter and I have been married for 4 years and we just had our first baby in August. She has changed our life in so many ways. She makes us so happy, so full of pride, so full of joy. she makes us give up our selves like no one else has. Im not complaining about it, its a good thing and I need to learn to give more to others but it is a process we are still working on.

We love the outdoors. Hiking, camping, kayaking, campfires, bird watching (Peter watches I just go along for the ride), the beach, all of which we wish we could do more of if we could. We love all different music, cooking really good food together, natural parenting (with all of its challenges, we are in it together), watching all kinds of movies, Peter loves Xbox and I love shopping.

Peter and I have been in our home in Zionsville for 2 years now and we are truly putting our own touches to it. It is so fun to be able to truly do whatever we want to it no matter how crazy it is. Having a home really makes me feel like a grown up now since we have to do all things I never wanted to do as a kid. Like gardening, cooking, cleaning, shovel this awful snow, and so much more. Although we love our home we both feel it is a temporary home for us. We dont know what is to come for our life but it for sure isnt in Zionsville for the next 20 or even 10 years. But we will enjoy our time there while it lasts.

What else... I am now a stay at home which is tough for me since I always have been what my mom calls a "social butterfly." I love to be out and about doing things so being at home has been another challenge that goes along with mommyhood. I have to be creative and more organized with my time. I have to do things instead of let myself be lazy. I am looking forward to embracing my home time and learning to enjoy it.
Peter works for my dad at the tree farm and is really enjoying it. He feels this is exactly where God wants Him to be. Right now he is layed off and is staying busy by doing wood work. He truly has a gift at creating something from what most would think is nothing. My mom then sells the peices at her stores. He enjoys it but couldn't do it all year round.
Thats us in a nut shell. Lots more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I have another blog to follow! I'll be excited to keep up with you guys this way. Love you!

    ReplyDelete