Friday, May 14, 2010

BIG random post!



Mamas day!!
It’s a little delayed but better late than never right. I had a very mellow but delightful first mothers day. My husband doesn’t like holidays very much and feels like they are just to help Halmark make money, so we didn’t do much. He made me waffles for breakfast, risotto for lunch and we got Chinese take out for dinner. It was pretty much just another day but he was more attentive than usual. I loved not having to prepare any food what so ever or do dishes. It was very peaceful and enjoyable and I just relaxed and watched Nonah in awe all day long. She is why we we're celebrating!! Petey took some photos of me and Non which turned out great! It is getting harder and harder to get good ones of her, she’s always moving.







Gardening, my new hobby!!
I was not really in the blogging mood this week. I had a case of the Monday Blues that lasted all week til Thursday. I don’t know what is wrong with me but man the weather effects me so much. Whenever its dreary and yucky out I just get down. I try and overcome it but usually end up surrendering and just letting time pass. Not really the way to live.
So on our one day of sunshine we got as much done as possible. Noni and I planted all my flowers (which I got for free from my mom, mother-in-law, and grandma), pulled some weeds, and then watered everything.



Then Peter and I planted our tomato plants. So its official the garden is totally planted now. Cant wait for the outcome!


Noni kept herself busy using these bins as drums. Shes so cute!! And keeps getting braver, look at her standing!!












Just some thoughts I want to share!
I've been doing so much thinking these past few days. About motherhood and how much my life has changed. Im still learning and in some ways still adjusting. Every now and then I miss the good old days. Long for those nights of quiet alone time with my hubby. Its just so so different. I didn’t get what people meant when they said to me that “life is going to change.” I totally get it now. And will say it to couples expecting their first baby but they too wont truly get it until the baby comes. I’m not complaining or wishing things were different, just thinking, remembering, trying to embrace every moment I can.
I love being a mom. It is so satisfying and is helping me find out more and more who I am and how I want to live my life. Having a child makes you have to be accountable for all that you do. It makes you give of yourself like you’ve never given before. Noni asleep on my lap right now as I type this because she just wouldn’t fall asleep any other way. Its just how it is. I love what motherhood has done to me, how its changed me, and made me stronger and given me new purpose. This is my passion now. Being a mother, parenting Nonah and my children yet to come. This is what I live for now. (and loving my husband of course, I couldn’t do any of this without him) With Gods help I am going to continue to do the best that I know how to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment