Sunday, July 18, 2010

The BEACH

Man these summer days are flying by so quickly and I just can’t seem to find the time to write as much as usual. I guess that’s okay though I’ve been living life, soaking up this amazing time of year, and the amazing stage of life my sweet girl is in.

We went to the beach this week for the day with my cousin and Grandma D. I love road trips with just us girls but especially when the beach is our destination. As much as I love the beach (when I say love I mean lloooovvee, I’d move their if I could) I knew this trip was going to be very different than normal with my 10 month old Noni who doesn’t sit still for anything. But I wanted to give it a try.

It turned out we made a wrong turn so we got there much later then we were planning on and it was really cloudy and cool til 12 or so. Then the sun came out and Noni got a little burnt in no time. She didn’t sit at all, got sand all over our blankets, kept throwing sand, trying to eat shells, rubbing her eyes with sandy hands, and didn’t like the water at all. BUT we had a great time. I got my 45 minutes of sun time while she slept in her car seat so I was happy.

It’s always so satisfying coming home from a long day in the sun to relax in the air conditioning. The slight sun burn makes your skin feel warm so you need a sweat shirt or blanket to stay warm. And the sun just takes so much out of ya so we slept really good that night.

I’m really looking forward to our next trip with Petey in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment