Friday, July 2, 2010

Date Night

This is only the second “date night” we have had since Nonah was born. We had Nee-Nee and Poppy watch her and we went back home to have dinner and a movie. Romantic right? Well we ended up just having BLTs (as simple as it comes) showering and started to watch the movie and just did not want to watch it. We turned it off and I went on the internet (created this blog) and Peter played Xbox. Not really the romantic plan at all but it was soooooooooo nice to take care of ourselves and not have to think about the little one at all. I could think of something and do it without getting distracted or it taking 10 min til I get to it.

It’s amazing how true the saying is “absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
I love my little honey bee so much but that 3 hours of space is so rejuvenating. I feel refreshed, reconnected to my husband, less stressed, more focused, and even more in love with her than I already was. Not having her around all night reminds how much of our attention she does take up. I was able to think clearly and remember what it used to be like.

Peter and I really missed her by the end of the night. We wanted to go so we could see her. We missed her so much but needed that space SO much. You mamas out there know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment