Sunday, November 14, 2010

Holidays are just around the corner!

Yay for holidays! I am trying to not look too far ahead but it is so hard. The one thing that gets me through this cold weather is the holidays. I love the holidays. All the hustle bustle. Thanksgiving starts it off perfectly with the parade and yummy dinner with family. Then Christmas shopping and wrapping presents. Give me a reason to shop and I am in love. I love looking for that perfect gift for everyone and baking special treats that I only make once a year. (This years goal is gluten free pumpkin roll) I LOVE the tree and ornaments and lights. I love stuffing stockings with silly fun things. I love getting together with friends and family simply because it’s the holidays. Oh and I do love getting gifts. I’ll admit it.

I will say though, that our society has gotten a little carried away with how much people spend not only on gifts but on decorations and all the extra unnecessary “stuff.” Peter and I keep it pretty simple. I have one tub of decorations and one tub of ornaments and that’s it. Most of it was given to me from my mom. And we are keeping gifts very simple this year too. I am making something for the ladies in my family (Ill tell you later) and the guys um…I don’t know yet. Grandparents are getting Noni pictures and we already got Nonah some toys from yard sales.

This holiday season though I am most looking forward to sharing it with my Noni girl! It was her first Christmas last year but she was only 4 months old but this year Noni is going to have a blast. She loved getting presents at her birthday so Christmas will be soooo fun. She is really into helping me these days too so I can’t wait to decorate with her. And the lights and just everything is so much more special when you see it through her eyes. I love being able to show her new things and watch her be amazed and experience it for the first time. It is just going to be so fun! Love the holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment