Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday fun!

We had our annual family cookie baking extravaganza!! Which means a bunch of us got together and made cookies, and talked, and drank coffee, and ate yummy food! I don't get to see my cousins as often as I would like, so it was so nice to see them. Noni is getting old enough now that she can be very helpful and she did a really great job with the cut outs. Evey wandered around my moms house and ate snacks all morning playing with random things (usually not toys) and was completely content. We are actually doing more cookie baking tonight with my cousin-in-laws!
Last week our local town does this holiday event that is so fun. A lot of the local businesses participate and give kids a craft to do or snack. There is a scavenger hunt where you have to get stickers at every place you go and then you get raffle tickets. Theres a gingerbread house contest, face painting, cookie decorating and of course Santa which we don't do in our house but Noni sat on his lap and told him what she wanted. It is so neat and so much fun for the kids and a great thing to do as a family. I wouldn't have even known about it if my sister-in-law hadn't told me (thanks SH) and I am so glad she did. Then Daddy and Evey went home for a nap and Noni and I got to go see the Nutcracker. Last year we couldn't sit through the whole thing but this year we did. We had a blast.
Last but not least here is my fun and festive Christmas banner handmade by Me!! I love it and will be hung up every year!
Hope you are all enjoying your holiday season, I sure am!!

No comments:

Post a Comment