Friday, October 1, 2010

Turning over a new leaf!

No punn intended. As I am getting older I have realized how much the weather affects me. Can any of you relate? When its dreary out and cold or rainy then I get in a very dreary mood. I dont feel like doing anything. I usually eat more when its cold out and I already feel like I've gained some weight and its only October. But when its sunny out all is right with the world. I am happy and have energy to do things. I even feel inspired by beautiful sunny days. Maybe you are the opposite and thrive on cool cloudy days.

All that being said I am rebuking it. I think it is totally valid and even understandable to be affected by the weather. But I want to be able to overcome the mood swings and embrace the rainy days. Embrace the chill in the air and find inspiration and satisfaction no matter what its like outside. I want to find things to do inside when we can't go out and to make the most of my days. I want to be able to motivate myself when everything in me wants to stay in bed all day. Or to just stay in bed but not feel guilty about it because lets face it sometimes we just need to do that. So thats the new leaf. Im going to embrace the "rituals of the season" and be present in the moment. Not wish away the fall and long for summer.

I write all this here so that some of you will hold me accountable and remind me to enjoy the rain. So wish me luck!!!
Happy Weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Way to take charge of your emotions!! And way to set a good example for your little girl :)

    ReplyDelete