Friday, August 13, 2010

August fun!

My sunflowers are finally blooming, yay!! They are one of my favorite flowers besides daisies and blackeyed susans. This is our first time planting them and I was so excited to see them bloom. I also planted zinnias and they are blooming too. I have picked many bouquets for on my kitchen table. Just another bonus to the summer, fresh flowers.

I have been busy helping my mom with some canning. If I help I get to eat it. Get it. So we have done peaches, stewed tomatoes, frozen corn and my favorite salsa. I must say I haven’t helped with all of it but I helped go get it. I love canning but I’m not ready to do it on my own yet because it’s a lot of work and I don’t have the materials. Its definitely something I will teach my girl(s) to do in the future though. Oh yea I did applesauce for the first time too all by myself. Its so simple and it turned out great.

We have been trying to get as much use as we can out of Nonis early birthday present which was a kiddie pool. I love having one and so does Noni but she gets a little bored. I guess I should go in with her but sometimes I just don’t want to get wet. So she ends up playing in it a little then gets out and plays in the yard for a while and then will get back in. I think next year she will have a blast because then we can blow up the slide for it.

August is a busy month for us. We have our anniversary then Noni’s birthday, then my birthday, and obviously my twin brothers birthday, duh, then my older brothers birthday is the day after ours, and then my cousins the day after that. So its fun but lots going on and Im trying to just enjoy every moment of summer we have left because its going to be gone before we know it. We celebrated Nonahs Birthday last night with the Wright fam and she got to smash her first cake. Pics are coming.
I already hear talk about fall and back to school and all that so it makes me sad. I love summer so much and don’t ever want it to leave but it does slowly but surely. So that being said… we are going to savor the rest of August as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment