Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dreams coming true!

Written in July
I feel like he is preparing Peter and I for something! I really have no idea what yet but something. Im trying to stay content with where we are right now and for the most part I am but I know we won’t be here forever and that excites me. It may be mission work in another country or here in the states, it may be in another state. He may have a job opportunity for us I don’t know but we are praying for his guidance. Peter says usually when its time for us to move on to something else God will have him become discontent in his job and for now he is content. Which I don’t get because finances are as tight as can be but that’s also an area I think he is strengthening us in. To trust Him with our money and not worry about having a full bank account.
Its been good to see God working in our lives but as you all know and would agree its not always easy to be changed. Its good but hard. But God knows what’s best for us and I’m excited for what’s to come.

Written in August
So I started writing this post a few weeks ago. And this week I am going to say scratch all that. We’re ready to go! We still don’t know where or what but we are seriously talking about moving. I still can’t even believe it. It feels like we just moved here and Im just getting to know the area. And that’s the thing there is nothing wrong with our house, we love it and love the location and we have enough land for now BUT there is an unsettling feeling in us right now. We want to move west! Not western Pennsylvania but western US. There are so many reasons why we want to move west. First of all it has been a dream of Peters since he was young to go out west and live the country life. Maybe own a ranch or be a cowboy. But I always said I couldn’t leave family. But for some reason right now I feel like I could. Not because I don’t love or love being with them and I will miss them all tons but I just want to go. We both want some independence from our families. To be free. Not that there’s pressure but there is ties and expectations that we just want to be free from. Living and surviving on our own. I don’t know if this sounds harsh but it’s not meant to. There is no hard feelings or anything (well on our part there isn’t) we just need to do this.

First things first. We have to put our house on the market and see what happens. We have to find a cheap apartment and start SAVING big time. Then we will go from there. So as much as we want to just go now we have to wait. Peter is heading into the busy season now at work so he will finish that out and we need to save. We are thinking that we might be able to move by next spring or summer. That’s the general plan for now. Will keep you posted on any changes.

Its so scary but so exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment