Saturday, August 21, 2010

Really long post about my girl!!

Prego Pics!!
I love having these pics to look back on! Its so amazing. I gained 50 pounds and have lost it all, wahoo!

~Nonah Mae Wright~
I love that name. Not just because I picked it but because I know the little person that goes with the name. She is the coolest little person. Uh I love her so much. It is her birthday today. I just can’t believe it. Now I say this not because its what everyone says but OMGosh TIME FLIES! Holy Cow! Okay ya get where Im at. Just blown away by how quickly little ones grow and change and mature in simply one year let alone the many that are to come. I want to slow time down or go back and savor those precious moments of having our first baby and the amazing blessing that she is! BUT…I can’t do either. I can reminisce.
I feel like Birthdays are a little one sided. It’s not just a day to celebrate how old a person is, it should be a celebration for the woman that birthed them. Ya know? Not to steal the persons thunder or anything and it should be a special and fun day for them but the mama should be recognized too. That’s just my humble opinion. So Im celebrating today too…as the day I gave birth to Nonah!
I love my girl so much. When I think about her birth day I only have warm, happy thoughts. Yes I was in labor for 55+ hours but it wasn’t her fault. She was working hard at coming out, my body just needed time. I was SO ready for SO long for her to just come out. It was incredible.
So I want to just share tidbits from the most amazing day of my life. Things I remember. Some fun, unimportant, silly things and some serious, sentimental things from that day.
*We were watching “Boy in the striped pajamas” when I first started having regular contractions.
*We seriously thought this is the night that Tues. when my contractions started. Little did I know I had 2 more full days of contractions ahead.
*Peter was more tired than me after the birth. Those happy hormones that come with giving birth are hard core. I struggled to fall asleep afterwards but not Peter.
*It was so so comforting to see K & J come and be so calm and supportive.
*In the moment I didn’t want as much freedom as I had to do whatever but looking back I am soo thankful for the space that K gave Peter and I.
*Peter didn’t really do much for me during active labor. He was sleeping. I was so jealous. And a little mad.
*I got myself a yogurt at some point and that’s all I ate from dinner on Thursday to after birth on Friday.
*I had NO concept of time during labor. I thought it was the middle of the night when it was 6am.
*Js touch felt better than Peters touch. I’ve heard it a lot that during labor the hubbys touch is too rough.
*Towards the end of hard labor I did not want to talk and almost couldn’t. That’s what is so incredible about K she just followed me and worked with it.
*I can’t believe I didn’t cry once she was born. I was just so relieved and amazed.
*I ate chocolate chips, fruit snacks, and tortilla chips afterwards and man it was all sooooo good! Oh and Gatorade.
*I will never forget the feeling of such amazement, happiness, and uncertainty after K and J left once it was just Peter and I. So awesome!
*I love how parenting her has matured us and strengthened us as individuals and as a couple.
*I love the excitement she brings to every day.
*I love to see her grow and learn and mature.
*And I love being her #1!

I could write so much more but thats it for now. I love talking about my pregnancy, my birth, and of course my girl! Feel free to read Noni’s birth story if you haven’t already. (on the left)


We walked to the local playground today and after she wakes up she has a present to open and we are taking some special Birthday Girl pictures. Dont worry you'll see them. Tonight we are having spaghetti to celebrate and she gets to eat it all by herself. FUN!
Oh yea these songs are picked out specifically for my Noni girl! Call me cheezy but I grew up on country music so its special to me and the words hold such truth. So ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment