Wednesday, August 11, 2010

*Vacation*


So we went to the beach again from Monday to Tuesday. But this time it was Me and Noni with Petey. Our first family vacation since Noni was born. And mine and Peters first vacation (besides camping) since our honeymoon. We have taken day trips to the beach every year since we were together (except last year b/c I was prego and couldn’t take the heat). It’s something we both really enjoy to do together but agree we don’t need to spend the money and spend the night. But this year we figured we’d try it since this is our only vacation of the year and maybe our last time to the beach for a while.
We left early Monday morning and got to the beach by 10am. I got to try out our DVD player on the way down which was fun but totally made me car sick. Yuck. We had beautiful weather both days and the water was cold but bearable. It’s a whole new experience with a little 11month old. She really dealt with the sand and sun well but drives me nuts because all she wants to do is throw sand or sit in it or walk across the blanket and get sand everywhere. Peter and I had to keep reminding each other that we’re at the beach of course theres sand everywhere. That’s one thing I don’t love about the beach is having sand everywhere.
Then we of course went on the boardwalk which is always fun but the kind of thing you only have to do once a year. The stores just all seem to be the same by the end. But I decided to do something a little crazy and I got my nose pierced. I had been thinking about it for a few months now but wasn’t sure where to go and I thought Id wait til closer to my birthday but I suggested it to Peter that I should just get it while we’re here and he said go for it. So I did. AH! Its like the craziest thing I’ve ever done. It was pretty cool how the guy did it and was intense. My eyes watered like crazy but it wasn’t too bad. I love it and so does Peter. He thinks its hot!
Then we had dinner and went to our hotel. The next day we went to a different beach we had never been to before. It was beautiful! We realized on this trip that we really don’t need to go to the beaches with boardwalks anymore. The stores are mostly trying to appeal to teenagers and there’s a lot of dark stuff going on. We especially don’t want to take our kids there. Also the other beaches without the boardwalks seem to be much prettier and more naturey. (I know its not a work but you know what I mean) Anyway. We took turns going in the water because Nonah didn’t like the waves too much. And we took lots of walks with her in the sling for her to get somewhat of a nap in. Shes such a trooper. We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment