Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthday celebration! Part 1

My birthday girl!! Her birthday isn't til the 21st but we celebrated with the Wright family because my in-laws are on vacation all this week so we wanted to squeeze it in. So we'll be celebrating all week basically. She already got a few presents from us and there will be more to come.
I'm not really one for tradition but I had to have some sort of special birthday outfit for her. I just put my own twist on it. I found the headband on clearance and loved it but didn't know what she'd wear with it. Then I went to the dollar store (totally love the $ store now) and found this cute little "fairy skirt" and fell in love with it. Yes its kinda cheesy but when you're on a budget you got to be creative. And the tie-dye shirt we have from my shower. So vwalla I found her special birthday outfit!!
Then the cake. I have been keeping Nonah gluten free until she can communicate with me if she has any pain or reaction to it so I made her a GF cake. Actually Peter made it. Long story but he made it into a bundt cake so we gave her an over sized piece to smash, eat or whatever. It's not what I was planning on doing but oh well. She was so cute, she hesitated for a while but then started smashing. It's funny because as messy as babies are when they eat they don't really like the sticky icing all over them At least not for long. She had fun though as you can see from the pics!







She got a new mower from Aunt Sar and Uncle Howard. She loves it! More birthday celebrations to come!! I'm going to savor every moment of this week before my girl is 1! Can't believe it!

1 comment:

  1. hello, fellow blogger! (it's rebecca..from carrie's diaper party!) your little one is so very beautiful...and it looks like you had a lovely day:) blessings to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete